Monday, August 23, 2010

Bean & Rice Tacos

I put the filling in Whole Wheat Pita Bread. But tortillas would work too.
Its good and good for you.
The problem tho with most of my cooking, is that I don't really measure the ingredients. I tend to eyeball it. I taste it, and add more if it needs it.
So on the amounts I am guessing about how much it was that I put in. It could of been more or less, but most likely more because I like alot of flavor and kick in the foods.


1 small onion chopped
6 garlic cloves chopped
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
2 carrots finely chopped
2 cups cooked brown rice
1 can black beans drained and rinsed
1 cup salsa
1 cup frozen corn
Whole Wheat pita bread
handful cilantro (came from my herb garden)chopped
1 cup shredded cheese (whatever is your fav)
romaine lettuce
2 jalapenos diced
8 oz greek yogurt

Saute the onion, garlic and carrots till onion and carrots are tender
Stir in chili powder and cumin
Saute until fragrant
Add rice, beans, salsa and corn
Cook thru till all is warm
Remove from heat
Add cilantro
Put mixture in Pita breads top with lettuce, sprinkle with cheese and jalapenos
Add a dollop of yogurt and serve

No comments: