Thursday, May 15, 2008

Korean Baby Back Ribs

BabyBack Ribs
I got the idea for this recipe off the internet from another Food Blogger. I love using my crockpot. I love the smell of yummy food simmering all day. No need for air fresheners! These fall off the bone at 8 hours cooking, so if you like eating them off the bone, cook it for 6 hours.

large package Baby back ribs
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup brown sugar
1 Tb fresh minced ginger
1 Tb minced garlic
1/2 cup beef broth
5 whole jalapeno peppers*****

Place ribs in crock pot
Whisk soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic and broth in small bowl
Pour over ribs
Turn ribs to coat well
Place whole jalapenos on top
Cook low for 6-8 hours
Yummy!

*****EDITED: After we finished eating this last night, I put it in a tupperware and into the fridge. I warmed it up tonight and put it in taco shells. It was very tasty for us, but way way(!) too spicy for the boys. The first night, the spice was there, but much too spicy tonight for leftovers, so next time I will put in only 2 jalapenos.
They ended up eating only the roasted veggies I cooked again tonight.

No comments: